Friday, March 11, 2011

Missing in Action: What Have I Been Up To??

Egads! Sorry to my readers (if any) out there. I've been so caught up with my sewing that I haven't had the time to post. I actually finished two dresses since the last time I posted and have just finished cutting out the fabric for another project I hope to finish this weekend. I'm also planning on cutting out some fabric for another project that I might also start this weekend. I know I am very ambitious, but I feel an assembly line approach will be less stressful for me. Since I still have to take pictures of my finished projects. Here are the pattern pictures of the one's I finished.

This is the technical drawing for a "Wedding Dress" from the Burdastyle Magazine. I purchased the pattern on the Burdastyle website, downloaded it and made it.



And this one is the picture of the JJ bodice pattern that was available for free from the Burdastyle website.


The first dress from Burdastyle almost ended up a disaster and the second pattern from Burdastyle was a disaster, but that will be another post.

Last night I just cut out my pattern pieces for a Bouffant Dress from Simplicity circa 1965 that I purchased from OpalsOwlVintage on Etsy. You can find many vintage patterns from the 1930s to the 1980s in her online store. I received great service, quick shipping and no problems. I chose an easy pattern with three main pieces and three pieces for the neck and armhole facings. Hopefully this will be successful since I've been wanting a dress like this for awhile ever since I saw something similar on IROIRO's blog.


The other project I wanted to start is this Smock Dress from Simplicity circa 1972. The pattern seems relatively easy to make so hopefully I can make a successful wearable muslin this weekend.


I purchased these two Madras print cotton fabric from Fabric Mart that I hope to use for the final version of the smock dress. There is still some more Madras fabric available at Fabric Mart and they are having a sale until March 15 so hurry!



Hopefully this makes up for being MIA. To end here are some great pictures of some handmade smock dresses from RubyChicOriginals on Etsy that are for sale. I'm using her designs as inspiration. Check out the other dresses in her store. The dresses are so cute. I want to buy them all. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.