Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sewing Room Of My Dreams: IKEA Style

This past weekend my family have been out an about going to Great Wolf Lodge and to Northern Virginia so sadly I do not have any new outfits to display, but we did go to Ikea and I got to see the Sewing Room of my dreams.

Behold: The Experienced Novice's dream sewing room if she had the money.


I love the project table on the right with plenty of room to cut your fabric and put your sewing machine and serger.


And can you imagine storing all your fabric and trims in the drawers and shelves on the left.


How about the drafting table in the back.


Of course there is always room for a little Buni to come and play. I forgot to take a picture of the front corner of the cubby because it had a little table and stool for little kids to use as well. The room looks multi functional and would be perfect for the whole family. Now I am dreaming of converting one of the rooms in my house to something like this. Now all I need to do is convince Mister.

Currently this is the state of my sewing room. I really need to move out and store the rest of my scrapbooking, mixed media supplies for another time. I don't think I can fit everything they had in the IKEA project room into my little room. I have pondered about putting it downstairs, but too much temptation for an almost two year old to touch things. Sharp things. Heavy things. Who knows maybe I can do an IKEA hack with the furniture I have now and just place it somewhere else.

Below is what my sewing room at home looks like.







I am definitely in need of an IKEA sponsored room makeover.

So what is the sewing room of your dreams like?