Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Work In Progress: Vintage McCalls 4762 Babydoll Dress from 1976



Spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon working on a babydoll dress that I am planning to wear during our vacation to the Bahamas. I present my current work in progress a babydoll dress made from McCalls 4762 from 1976 using rayon challis fabric from my favorite store Fabric Mart.


I still have to hem the dress and add lace to the sleeve ends. I am also planning on making a sash to wrap around the dress since I made the dress a little big despite it being a size 14. Currently it looks like a maternity dress, but should look wearable with a sash. The rayon challis was a dream to sew with, but I will save the details for the pattern review.


Lace detail
Already have pieces cut out for another dress just like this with a different patterned rayon challis. Hope to post more pictures soon.